The Moody Blues - Live at Montreux 1991 CD (album) cover

LIVE AT MONTREUX 1991

The Moody Blues

endlessepic
2 stars I had listened to a fair amount of Moody Blues due to a "best of release" and very much liked some of their songs, supplementing my early prog intake.

This video kind of turned me off of the moody blues and I haven't given them an honest listen since...The mixing is terrible, the voices are bad, 2 drummers? Why? The backup singers are lame...You can't hear the keyboards that well, The whole thing is a let-down.

There are a few tracks that fair ok - Nights In White Satin is a fairly honest version, and I like John Lodges bass playing on a lot of tracks...however, Hayward keeps doing this little voice waver that was sometimes pleasant in early recordings but now he does it incessantly on many tracks.

Avoid this if a non-serious fan of the Moody Blues, maybe some hardcore fans would enjoy it but I found it most unnecessary and a turn off to otherwise good music.

endlessepic | 2/5 |