Harnakis - Numb Eyes, The Soul Revelation CD (album) cover

3 stars I've been hunting for that one almost a year - even knowing that it's no masterpiece. OK, I''ve got what I thought of it - Neo Prog collector's item.

HARNAKIS is influenced both by MARILLION and Spanish bands a la TRIANA who used folky motives in their Prog Music. Side A is actually an epic consisting from 4 pieces with only one having female vocals in English (poor vocals, poor English). Side B offers two epics (11'40'' and 13'50'') with the last (name-sake) I like most. Again poor male and female vocals with hardly bearable English, but that's the only thing that makes this album mostly a collector's item (and maybe also low producing quality and flat drumming). The music itself reminds of MARILLION's most gentle and romantic moments from both "Script" and "Misplaced Childhood". Canadians RED SAND now working almost in that vein (minus Spanish influences), so you may happen to need HARNAKIS' album if you're already in love with RED SAND's stuff. Recommended but with a sticker "Neo- proggers mainly".

Prog-jester | 3/5 |