Univers Zero - Phosphorescent Dreams CD (album) cover

Univers Zero

5 stars Univers Zero and beyond....

Univers Zero's, 2014, " Phosphorescent Dreams", makes it quiet clear from start to finish how well this ensemble has aged for good. This release will even challenge the band's close followers by striking some brushes of a somewhat not very Univers Zero's commonly known musical language. But as all true owners of an own musical idiom these "new" approaches never, not even by chance, lose their "trademark" dark intentions.

So, to cut things short, expect a very strange and hypnotic tour through a bombastic, deep, bitter-sweet, obscure beauty. Tainted with "free-Jazz", some "happy melodic lines" here and there, splashes of very "heavy" electrics and subtle solos of the same, "medieval-like music intros and passages", a couple of piano based songs, marvelous instrumental arrangements and intelligent compositions full of extraordinary and daring ideas. All matched up with highly inspired performances by each member of this re-modeled version of the, somewhat movable ensemble involved under this band/name, to bring everything into perfection.

I myself, have been listening to it intensely for the past weeks and it only gets better and more difficult to turn down each time I play it. I know myself, and what really turns me on. This Univers Zero 2014 release is one of those things and of course a very good recommendation for ANY prog-audiophile.

Easy, *****5 PA stars. No less! Enjoy!

admireArt | 5/5 |