White Willow - Ex Tenebris CD (album) cover

White Willow

3 stars Hmmm, I think Jacob was WAY too happy when he made this album :-)

He actually seems to agree from what I've read (not that he was too happy, but that he was happy). Still, no one would mistake this for some other band. There is still melancholy and darkness, just less of it. And far more major keys in songs.

For me, the first track and the final two stand out as the best, with the others being a bit too happy and twee for my tastes. It's not a bad album, but I'd have to say it's my least favorite by the band.

If you want to hear White Willow in a kind of happy mode, this is a must. For me it is just okay. I considered two stars, but I think that even the stuff I don't like so much deserves more than that, so I'll go with a 3. But in relation to their other albums I would consider it a bit less than a 3.

infandous | 3/5 |