Magenta - Night And Day (with Annie Haslam) CD (album) cover

2 stars Whilst I am happy to agree that the, in essence, two tracks on the EP are well-constructed and well-performed and that Annie Haslam's voice is as excellent as usual, I can't help but feel a little 'ripped-off' at paying good money for two tracks.

I know that the three versions of the same song all have their own nuances and individually are all most enjoyable but they are still a musical Borg, i.e. of the one.

I would have awarded at least one star extra if we had been given at least three different songs on the EP. It is not as if one or more of the versions is super-long.

My award is in essence 2.5 stars but I rounded down.

(p.s. I do agree that the song should be a hit but we live in an age where the masses do not seem to value talent and real music as much as name and celebrity)

progadder | 2/5 |