Van Der Graaf Generator - Real Time CD (album) cover

REAL TIME

Van Der Graaf Generator

TFTO
5 stars Me and my friend have just finished listening to this record. We agreed, that this live recording is excellent although it sounds more like a studio album than a live one. I like it more in this way. Heard the bootleg of this concert, I'm glad that they didn't change anything, e.g. additional studio overdubs. It is complete with a few small mistakes.

To album itself. :

Begins with tones of flute that leads into UndercoverMan. Most of album consists of classic VDDG songs, from Present is here presented Every Bloody Emperor and NuTTer Alert.

Mr.Hammill is god. Mr.Voice. Emperor is here for me than on Present. This live version is even darker. Mr.Jaxon is still one of the greatest sax-players, very nice little solo near the end of Refugees. Mr.Banton. I like his bass-pedals here. Mr.Evans. Great.

And the rating : I'm not sure to choose 4 or 5 stars, I go with 4,5; so what? Of course 5!

TFTO | 5/5 |