Shadow Gallery - Legacy CD (album) cover

Shadow Gallery

4 stars Cliffhanger is certainly the best song of this album. If all the others songs from this release would have had the same quality I would have give 5 start without a doubt. But I was little disappointed especially because of Colors, Society of the Mind and Legacy which I think are somehow uninspired. I'm not saying that that these are not good songs but after the first song I was somehow disappointed. The album has also a long composition (more than a half an hour) named First Light. The introduction is very spatial than we have a very nice intro with Mike Baker's voice (by the way he has a type of voice which is really appropriate for this genre). We have some goods moments after this introduction and before the last part (which I think are too long) starting somewhere before minute 13, more in the vein of Cliffhanger.

Overall I would rate this album with 4 stars only especially because of the first song and the good production but consider maybe 7 from 10 points as an accurate evaluation of this release. For sure not the best release of Shadow Gallery. In any case the sound is really improved if you compare it with their first release but is not the same quality here as in case of Carved in Stone.

I look forward to hear more from these guys in the future. In this moment one the most important bands in progressive-metal scene.

petrica | 4/5 |