Pymlico - Inspirations CD (album) cover

3 stars 3,5 stars !!! Very good first album from Norwegian band PIMLYCO ( I must confess that I never heard the second), but although don't be a amazing release, is plentiful of pleasant reminiscence moments, their music don't sounds like a simple copy or collage from old and well-know themes. The band walk between a countless influences from famous bands . The first strong influence comes in the track 2 "P.I.G." with a mix from CAMEL & MINIMUN VITAL. Another strong influence as THE FLOWER KINGS in track 6 "Smiert Spionom". The track 8 "Dance of the kleptomaniacs" starts with a R I O in the best style of SAMLA MAMMAS MANNA with strange voice effects which reappears beteween heavy KING CRIMSOM inspired passages from his more heavy moments. Due all this explanations my rate is 3 stars, and the mention that the album deserves a place in my collection!!!
maryes | 3/5 |