Carptree - Superhero CD (album) cover

SUPERHERO

Carptree

progadicto
3 stars Sweden prog/related bands and albums doesn't stop to surprise me. When I found Carptree on PA I though immediatly that's another kind of band who clone Genesis/Gabriel/Pendragon music style... And I was wrong...

I have to take the words of Gatot from his previous review to define Carptree style: "simple music with tight composition"... In fact, it's impossible to deny the inffluences of the artists that I mentioned but Carptree music sounds great and very refreshing. Totally Neo Prog but the duo take some risks in two or three songs, experimenting with electronic loops and giving to the piano an intense protagonism. The lyrics and vocales are always in some kind of Gabriel/Nick Barrett style but sounds ok for me.

Some of my highlights: The beautiful opening track Superhero; Fathers House, Host vs. Graft, Into The Never To Speak Of, Flesh and Sleep.

Good album. Not a masterpiece but a work full of interesting arrangements and compositions.

3.3*