Planet X - MoonBabies CD (album) cover

MOONBABIES

Planet X

asimplemistake
4 stars Moonbabies is a great Jazz/metal CD. Although they are categorized as jazz/fusion, they could easily be enjoyed by any progressive metal fan.

All of the musicians on this album do a great job, but of course one of the easiest to notice is Virgil Donati on drums. He does better than anyone I've ever heard with complicated time signatures. Of course all of the other guys do great jobs. I really like the solos of Tony and Derek. The only thing I kind of don't like is that I don't know really what bass player plays which song. I could go look it up, but I never really took the time to go see.

This CD is full of a bunch of rockin' songs, insane time signatures, and great musicianship. After a few listens, you can really get a feel for the time switches coming up, making the album even more fun to listen to. An excellent addition to any prog collection.

asimplemistake | 4/5 |