Björk - Vespertine CD (album) cover

4 stars Programmed music, intriguing voice and respectable originality.

I do not know much about Björk´s universe, their eccentricities and their origins. And until recently I found unattractive dive into her discography. Some songs of this artist are considered within the Alternative Dance or Trip-Hop, but not here. And to recommend this very good album in a specialized rock page, I must warn those who read this description: It´s too electronic and can generate rejection in the first instance.

In my case to hear Vespertine at firsts times, it was not easy to get used to sound and style. Songs are not too catchy and not get tired. The voice is singular, the offer is genuine and successful atmosphere is devastating. There is variety and complexity to acceptable levels, beyond pop music and contains ambient too.

sinslice | 4/5 |