Major Parkinson - Twilight Cinema CD (album) cover

Major Parkinson

5 stars Purchased this album on a whim based on some positive reviews here, as I had never heard of this band previously. What a pleasant, quirky surprise - dark, intense, and even light-hearted at the same time, with great musical performances, especially on keys. Evokes in me a feeling like a trip through a magical, haunted, Norwegian forest, (I keep thinking of that Norway ride at EPCOT). My top track, which other reviewers haven't mentioned, is "The Wheelbarrow" - reminds me of a modern, darker, even-more-madcap "Battle of Epping Forrest" with the peculiar, spoken-word/story telling style of the song. The title track is the other highlight on this album, with a bunch of interesting genress thrown together (even some surf-rock styling). If you are looking for something really good but a little different in the prog world, check this out, highly recommended!
BigRed1 | 5/5 |