Doracor - Segni Premonitori  CD (album) cover

SEGNI PREMONITORI

Doracor

MJAben
2 stars I first heard the song Macchine di Dio and was oddly drawn to the sound, it seemed free and expansive while still sounding tight and catchy and, as a result, I decided to seek out the album.

After listening to the album for the first time my initial thoughts were, "well it doesn't exactly change much does it." It's a shame because the musicianship is tight and the musicians (though mostly Sardella) sounds extremely well formed and complete. I really enjoy Toti's emotive vocals and the production is great. My issue with the album however is that it grows stale the more you listen to it, take the previously mentioned song and expand it into an hour long album and that's how this feels when listening to it.

Another major issue I have with this album is that it sounds exactly like the first album and I can't help but feel when listening to this that Sardella seems to be suffering from a lack of musical ideas, it reminds me of the Pink Floyd method of extending 5 minute songs in half hour tracks in order to fill gig time.

I don't hate the album, it works extremely well as background music and contains a pleasant sound that is sure to please any symphonic prog fan, but on the whole this album does not reward the listener for trying to focus in on and engage with the music.

2/5 stars, Doracor will release better albums in time.

MJAben | 2/5 |