Ozric Tentacles - Pyramidion CD (album) cover

Ozric Tentacles

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars I am truly surprised that Pyramidion has only gotten four reviews so far on Progarchives. Ed Wynne & friends are clearly popular, and this is one of the highest rated OT releases. I myself am generally not a fan of the space rock subgenre - I prefer music that is actually composed, and has structure to it. Ozric Tentacles is the exception. I think Pyramidion is one of their best efforts - I'll give it 4 stars. Even the revered Pink Floyd is often too indulgent and eccentric-for-its-own-sake for my tastes! This album is a great introduction for folks who do not know Ozric Tentacles. It contains some of their better known material. As stated in several other reviews, the live version of "Pixel Dream" is just brilliant. "Sultana Detrii" is also a OT favorite, and this is a terrific version. I think the reason that I like OT so much is they write good material with variety, and play it so well. Ed's an excellent guitarist, and the drumming, done by Johnny Morgan and Rad at this point, is always good. The only reason I've given Pyramidion 4 instead of 4 and 1/2 stars is that most of these songs would already be familiar to regular Ozric Tentacles fans.
thwok | 4/5 |