TDW - Up close and personal CD (album) cover

UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

TDW

MJAben
3 stars An album full of potential but lacking in scope, here is an album where we see the prodigy Tom de Wit really expand and develop as a musician. One truly has to commend the variety and the ambition put forth in the release, even if it does feel imbalanced and scattered at times.

de Wit will certainly be a musician to watch in the future as this feels like an album that holds a great deal of potential, even if it falls short in some ways. Standout tracks for me are 'The Curse From The Woods', ':' and 'Octave in 3'.

I think at times the album could sound more polished and at times the PT influence is a tad overwhelming but, nevertheless, what I like about this album is that if one song doesn't cut it for you, the next song likely will and although this causes the album to feel a tad bit fragmented it certainly keeps it from growing stale.

3/5 stars.