Ragnarok - Ragnarok CD (album) cover

RAGNAROK

Ragnarok

Psychedelic/Space Rock

russellk
3 stars A fried of mine had a copy of this (hi Glenn) and I guess I must have heard it half a dozen times on his stereo. I'd love to find a copy somewhere.

I loved the opening track, 'Fenris', a real burner, and I also remember 'Rainbow Bridge' with fondness. I wasn't a fan of female vocalists, but Lea Maalfrid was excellent. Overall the music fitted comfortably into the Floydish groove, harking back to the late 60s and early 70s. Competent, enjoyable, with nothing that really grabbed me. I wonder what I'd think now, 30 years later?

Do you know, I never realised this was a Kiwi band?

russellk | 3/5 |