Sieges Even - The Art Of Navigating By The Stars CD (album) cover

THE ART OF NAVIGATING BY THE STARS

Sieges Even

Sophocles
5 stars Yesterday I was searching for an example of a progressive album with unique sound. Something far ahead but still enjoyable to your ears. And unconsciously my hand reached for this true jewel of music.

This record a year ago was my introduction to Sieges Even. I tried to explore their music and I must admit that for me something was missing from their previous albums, with the exception of "A Sense Of Change". But this one is truely perfect.

It is not as heavy as their previous works but it is technical and beautiful, full of interesting passages. Great riffs, lovely melodies and a rhythm section as solid as rock. The musicians are well tuned, they know what they are doing and they create something new. It is innovative, strange and fair. The lyrics create numerous images in your mind drifting you away. It is so unique, they have their own style. Their talent is in creating something complex that can unweariedly flow. You will definitely appreciate it more if you travel a lot and you need something to beautify your trip.

I don't like to label music. This album falls into various genres and in my humble opinion it must be considered a masterpiece in each one of them.

"My credo and my curse -We few, we happy few"

Sophocles | 5/5 |