Yes - Yessongs CD (album) cover

3 stars This album contains some sub par arrangements of some classic songs. A lot of it has to do with the facts that the recording really isn't the best and we have Alan White drumming in place of Bill Bruford. He isn't bad, he just isn't Bill. Highlights include CTTE, Perpetual Change, Siberian Khatru (which I find much better on yessongs, because it kicks up the energy) and Yours is no Disgrace. Yours is no discrage is paticurally interesting because the band actually jams for awhile. Yes has always struck me as a very stiff band, not willing to improvise and see where it goes. But they do a little bit of that on yours is no disgrace, and it's good to hear.
proghairfunk | 3/5 |