Redemption - The Fullness Of Time CD (album) cover

THE FULLNESS OF TIME

Redemption

Sophocles
5 stars Redemption's 2nd work was my introduction to their music. They surely gave me what I 've expected from them.

This has a lot to do with DT or Fates Warning, more raw and metal and still quite technical. IMO it is progressive metal just as it is meant to be played.It has heavy and dirty riffs, speedy melodic solos without overdoing, enormous sound, beautiful voice. Complex compositions with various rhythms and emotional changes. All things flow masterfully. The rhythm section does a great job but tends to be at the background. Nevertheless a clear production with a robust sound.

First 3 songs have a familiar structure from DT works. I think they should draw away a bit from that and take their music further. Somewhere in the middle of the record their musicianship has created great expectations making you hope for perfection and uniqueness. This is not a bunch of newcomers on the scene, searching for themselves.

And then compensation comes as a surprise. "Sapphire" proves that we can expect more from this band. It is a "15 minutes" track solid as a rock. Many prog forms floating without spoiling the result. A great emotional speciment of their music and by far the masterpiece of the album. This continues with the homonymous track. All things mentioned above are here with a concept flavour. Interesting lyrics too. Well, longer compositions fit better to their sound.

Great album with the band's abilities and genius performed all around and especially on "Sapphire" and "Fullness of Time". I 'll keep 5 stars for their future works: 4.5 stars.

Sophocles | 5/5 |