Goblin - Roller CD (album) cover

ROLLER

Goblin

Rock Progressivo Italiano

ollie
5 stars I listened to Roller for the first time last night and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. This is vintage Goblin and just damn fine prog-funk in its own right.

A number of the later songs on the album hint at melodies and rhythms which would later re-emerge on the Suspiria and Buio Omega soundtracks, and there are also a couple of Zombi-esque passages in there for good measure. So I guess you could say that, if nothing else, Roller serves as a taste of things to come for Goblin - it also makes a great sampler for those unfamiliar with the band's work.

I can see this disc spending a lot of time in my CD player, and, after only two listens, Roller is already clawing its way to the top of my list of favourite Goblin albums.

Essential listening, both musically and historically speaking.

ollie | 5/5 |