Redemption - The Fullness Of Time CD (album) cover

5 stars If I had to choose a favorite genre, it would probably be prog-metal. I've seen some very good reviews of this album, so I thought I'd check it out as my introduction to REDEMPTION. The first track, 'Threads', had me pegged REDEMPTION as obvious DREAM THEATER clones. I didn't appreciate the track that much, but the next track 'Parker's Eyes', showed me it was much more than that. The rest of the album showed what REDEMPTION really is: raw progressive metal. This is some of prog-metal at it's finest, very much like FATES WARNING in the albums surrounding "No Exit". The track 'Sapphire' shows a different side of REDEMPTION, and unlike many tracks like this performed by different bands, this one works. The 'Fullness of Time' suite is the masterpiece of the album, and shows how much very heavy, technical metal can be some of the finest. I recommend this to any fans of progressive metal, especially DREAM THEATER and FATES WARNING.
jikai55 | 5/5 |