Muse - Black Holes And Revelations CD (album) cover

BLACK HOLES AND REVELATIONS

Muse

asimplemistake
4 stars This is a great album. A long time ago, one of my band members (the bassist) told me about Muse and insisted that we learn the song "Hysteria". I was ignorant and never gave Muse a good listen, until the keyboardist in the same band told me the same thing, that Muse was amazing. It took me a while, but I finally got to listening to them, and boy did I love it.

I find Muse's sound to be very related to the sound of many progressive bands, yet it still has that pop feel. Their sound though is a pop sound that I love. I'm sure that Muse appeals to a lot of different types of people because of their mix of many styles. I find the music great to just "rock out" to, especially songs like "Supermassive Black Hole" and especially "Knights of Cydonia".

The musicianship on this album is great, the vocals especially. My favorite part, and probably a lot of peoples favorite part, on this album is the spot in "Knights of Cydonia" where there's this huge vocal break: "No ones gonna take me alive, The time has come to make things right" etc etc. An amazing part.

I would highly recommend this album to anyone really, because Muse does cover many genres in the album.

4 stars, An excellent addition to any prog music collection