Synaesthesia - Synaesthesia CD (album) cover

SYNAESTHESIA

Synaesthesia

Mind_Drive
5 stars This is my first review of an album here on the archives but I just felt the urge to explain why i think this one deserves 5 stars!

Sometimes a piece of music takes you by surprise and sometimes, even more surprisingly, it stays with you... The first few spins, I thought it was a nice listening experience. But after a few weeks pause, I listened to it again and it blew me away! I was stunned how much I enjoyed it, how familiar it sounded to me and even now, as I write this review, I have the feeling that itīs still growing on me.

This debut is unobtrusively fresh, full of awesome compositions and diverse soundscapes - and it conveys a very unique mood: uplifting, yet thoughtful and of decent epicness. Spacy atmospheres alternate with catchy symphonic melodies and the vocals somehow bring the term "new-generation-fairytale-flair" to my mind. Vocalist Adam Warne tells the story (although itīs not necessarily a concept album i like to call it this way) in such a profound and authentic way, it totally takes you on a journey: through the ups and downs of human life and emotion and still it manages to leave room for your own imagination and feelings - your own story.

The whole album is a totally unique listening experience - itīs consistent and throughout very enjoyable.

People in search for a fresh blend of soundscapes, subtle, yet powerful emotions, top-notch compositions and a memorable journey through the first chapter of 21st century fairytale epics should definitely check this one out!

This piece of art has conquered a space in my heart and has become part of my story - for: "this is it, this is where my life begins to change..." <3

4.7 / 5 brilliant new beginnings!

Mind_Drive | 5/5 |