The Moody Blues - Gold CD (album) cover

The Moody Blues

4 stars Travelling Eternity Road

We might well ask if another Moody Blues best-of collection is needed. But Gold does have great remastered sound, and has the merit of including songs other than the usual suspects, and is a more complete collection than a lot of Moodies best-of's. It's nice, for example, to see songs off the Children's, Children album. Still, some of us would like to hear more of the other Moody voices, no offence to Justin and John. I'd especially like to hear more of Ray Thomas' songs and his lovely baritone voice featured on Moodies collections. I made my own compilation of 19 of Thomas' songs from "Another Morning" on Days of Future Passed, through his "Painted Smile" suite on Long Distance Voyager, to "Celtic Sonnet" on Keys of the Kingdom. It makes for a great listen!

DocB | 4/5 |