Karnataka - Strange Behaviour  CD (album) cover

Prog Folk

5 stars I can't believe it took me so long to stumble across this wonderful band! It was only after seeing Anne Marie Helder in London, at the Mostly Autumn Astoria gig, that i decided to hunt Karnataka down! I'm glad I did- after a couple of short samples from their own site I decided to pick 'Strange Behaviour' up on a whim. When it arrived 2 days later, I was blown away by the stunning music spread across these 2 CDs! Each musician is excellent, not least in the case of guitarist Paul Davies, whose lively solo's add a whole extra dimension to this recording!

There are many excellent tracks here, standouts being 'after the rain', 'delicate flame of desire', 'the storm', 'strange behaviour', 'talk to me', 'heart of stone' and 'out of reach'. Yes, there really are that many incredible tracks on here. This album more than deserves its 5 star rating!

Wickerman | 5/5 |