Yellow Magic Orchestra - Solid State Survivor CD (album) cover

Yellow Magic Orchestra

Progressive Electronic

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
1 stars Always failed to see what YMO is doing in our database, so being only moderately familiar with their music, I investigated further and rented what rating sites arguably consider their better album. The least I can say is that I was certainly not surprised by the music on this album. I suppose that in consideration of some of the electro-pop developed by certain German groups (like Kraftwerk) included on the site, YMO's inclusion can be justified by the "if X is in, why not Y?" theorem. But just be aware that YMO is only a pale copy of what the German groundbreaking pioneers did.

This is definitely more proto-new-wave electro-pop and IMHO, present absolutely nothing in terms of progressive spirits

Sean Trane | 1/5 |