Triumvirat - Pompeii CD (album) cover

POMPEII

Triumvirat

Menswear
3 stars Maybe it's the german blood in my veins (some relatives still in Anau), but I'm not going to bash Triumvirat. To put it simply, Triumvirat has the problem of standing between two categories. The're too prog to be pop, and too pop to be deep prog. As a prog band, I give them 6.5 out of ten. But as a straight rock band, they hit a high 9.

Fritz maybe not the best conceptor, but he's the fast and the furious on the keyboards, I can tell ya that. And he has the knack to hire fantastic drummers (Curt Cress...my my!) The album is nmore on the 'ballad' side for some tracks. But, a bit of MOR won't kill ya. There is still a lot of good keyboards licks and 'Palmerish' drumming. Well, in that case....Rush newer albums (from Presto and up) are pretty much in the same category (more rock, less prog). There is a lot of crappier bands than Triumvirat, believe me! They are still a major name in progressive world.

Triumvirat is like the fat guy at your school. Okay, he's no ladies man, he gobbles like crazy and he wears t-shirts with wolves in moonlight. But, when you talk to him, he's kinda fun. He's just very mistunderstood. He plays on the lighter side of life, but he still suffers from the finger pointing of the 'jock team' (ELP) surrounded by fans (Trace).

Menswear | 3/5 |