Deus Ex Machina - Cinque CD (album) cover

Deus Ex Machina

5 stars I heard this live in Barcelona, and I must say these guys play the best live music I´ve ever heard. Absolutely mind blowing, full of risk, with a level of interplay out of this world. The drummer, Claudio Trotta gave us a rush of perfect and risky drumming, in the line of Capiozzo-Chirico-Bruford, and Alberto Piras, the singer, sang even better than in the record. The rest of the musicians are absolutely top-notch. Deus ex Machina are the true Area of XXI century, in the best tradition of italian jazz-free-prog-rock, I mean, experimental music in a wide-open plan, without any constraint, more than any other italian band. I won´t talk more about genres, but this is undoubtedly a step further in music.
| 5/5 |