Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado CD (album) cover

Electric Light Orchestra

4 stars I never thought the day would come when I would buy an ELO album. Of course back in high school in the 70's I just didn't think they were "cool". Well like many things since I have learned I was wrong live and you learn. Now as a 40 something year old I decide to pick up an ELO album and find that Eldorado is an excellent album and has one of my all time favorite songs on it "Can't Get it Out of My Head" a beautiful heartfelt tune. As for "Boy Blue" and "Illusion in G Major" nothing like some old Chuck Berry style tunes with orchestra and all they do is rock. I also like "Laredo Tornado",and "Poor Boy". The album ends with the emotionally riveting "Eldorado" and Jeff Lynne really lets it all hang out in this song. An excellent album and I can't wait to get some more of this bands stuff as this was my first album to buy from their collection.
madgo2 | 4/5 |