King Crimson - Earthbound CD (album) cover

King Crimson

Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

I never understood why this album has been released in the first place. Was it a contractual obligation toward the recording companyl ? Was Mr Fripp in one of those moods these days? i don't know.

You all know that the concert has been recorded on a...cassette. The sound is worst than a bootleg!! and it's an official KC album. I know when the KC albums have been transfered on CDS . Robert Fripp made sure that EARTHBOUND wasn't released back then in the 90s. But i guess, he changed his mind and this CD was released as part of the 30th anniversary collection. As an ardent Crimson fan, i bought it back for completion purposes , but that stops here. I am listening to it while reviewing this album but nothing new is changing my mind;utterly disposable! At least the CD sound is a big improvement over the LP; but that doesn't save it; the music is not very good either.A lot of jams with a very poor rythm section that doesn't fit with the music. The vocals are atrocious and it sounds like a mess. Thanks god i was not at this concert ready to listen to the goods of ISLANDS.Only MEL COLLINS saves the day>

This is the same line-up than on Islands, but that's the only common point. I am amazed at some reviews on this site giving 4 , even 5 stars to this album. I read that BOZ voice on this album was the best KC ever got. I love KING CRIMSON, but i am not that masochistic.

2 stars means for collectors onlY? so 2 stars! But it could be less.

Thanks god, King CRIMSON will be back in a big way!

febus | 2/5 |