King Crimson - Beat CD (album) cover

BEAT

King Crimson

febus
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam
2 stars NOT GETTING ANY BETTER!

I was so disapointed back then by DISCIPLINE that for thr first time in my life , i didn't bother to buy a new KING CRIMSON album when it came out. Same kind of cover design and same band, The Belew guy i couldn't stand back then is still present. ( but i will have a better opinion of him a decade later when King Crimson will come back-again- with this great album THRAK, but that's a different story)

So like all the Crimson CDs, I bought BEAT 2-3 years ago in this beautiful 30th anniversary collection. But i will be honest: i never listen to it.

I am trying again now while reviewing it: there are some pleasant pop tunes, nothing wrong with good pop, i am not that elitist; I bought the ASIA cds, you know, even enjoying them (sometimes), but hitting the dance floor with KING CRIMSON !!!!! I never knew such things could happen .But, hey, we are in the 80s. everybody changes and King Crimson has every right to do so, bt it doesn't mean i have to like it.

I enjoy REQUIEM and some other tracks like 'NEAL and JACK and ME ' but we are really in an other world than CIRKUS or EXILES. King Crimson in name , that's it!!

I guess i can't give more than 2 stars on this one!

febus | 2/5 |