Anathema - Distant Satellites CD (album) cover

DISTANT SATELLITES

Anathema

Experimental/Post Metal

javajeff
5 stars So much can be said about an album when I want to listen to it over and over again. That is what is happening to me right now. I will admit that I am a fan of this band, and Distant Satellites is delivering pure enjoyment for me. It is the offspring of "Weather Systems" and "We're Here Because We're Here" with a sprinkle of Radiohead and OSI on a couple tracks. Anathema is another band like Gazpacho that has found a formula for making magical records, and I really do not care if it is more of the same. People may criticize this album for not evolving, but I am very happy with the music that they are making these days. If you like Anathema or progressive rock, there is so much to like about this release. Any negative reviews are likely due to the similarities to their last two studio releases. This is a must buy!
javajeff | 5/5 |