Porcupine Tree - Futile CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4 stars In Absentia has 253 ratings to date but this one has only 12. Rather odd as this one has some excellent supplemental stuff to that album. There's currently a pay to download version available with a different track listing than what's listed on this site:

collapse (1.39) drown with me (5.22) orchidia (3.19) futile (6.04) hatesong - live in philadelphia (8.32) chloroform (7.15)

It comes with PDF art so you can make your own CD booklet. Four of these tracks are completely new. Collapse is an alternate version of the regular album track. I find the rest as enjoyable as the main album. You can basically extend your In Absentia by about 21 more minutes, cool!

I do hope they continue the trend making bonus tracks available for pay download and I wouldn't complain if it was free. I bought a special edition, DVD audio, of Deadwing just to get the three bonus tracks.

Slartibartfast | 4/5 |