Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4.23 | 2063 ratings

4 stars I'd say this release is about on-par with Deadwing. And like that album, this album still isn't as interesting, textured, emotional and dynamic as IA or LS. It is, however, a solid release. I just wish it didn't feel so lifeless. Anesthetize is the best track here (although Lifeson's solo isn't as great as it could've been, but it was decent.) The title track is a re-hash of Deadwing's sound, My Ashes is fairly good, Sentimental is about as good as My Ashes, Way out of Here is probably better than both, and Sleep Together is pretty cool. Just another notch in PT's belt -- but don't expect anything mindblowing.
Fuzz | 4/5 |