Kate Bush - The Line, The Cross & The Curve (VHS) CD (album) cover

Kate Bush

3 stars "really happening to ya..."

Every time I watch this short film companion to The Red Shoes I wonder if Kate was hitting the water bong again as I believe I read once that she was a fan of the herb back in the day. This is one strange video. It has the ability to actually make the viewer feel weird while watching it, it's hard to describe but it makes you feel uneasy and unsettled.

While not perfect I really enjoy watching this as it does bring the music of The Red Shoes to life and it's nice to see Kate in front of the camera again.

To summarize the plot, Kate puts on the red shoes and is ripped from her reality as we follow her through what could be described as cross between a lost Twilight Zone episode and a bad acid trip. With lots of fruit! What could be better? Perhaps the "Ninth Wave" movie that should have been made, but that's another story.

Recommended for Kate fans and fans of bizarre video. 3.5 stars.

Finnforest | 3/5 |