Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura CD (album) cover

SOLA SCRIPTURA

Neal Morse

Prog-jester
3 stars Never been a fan of either SB, TFK or TRANSATLANTIC, but chanced to pick this one from a friend. We have EVERYTHING here, from METALLICA to gospels, from MARILLION and PINK FLOYD to latina grooves. Nice, but predictable as hell. I wouldn't complain that much if melodies were the same way good as they were in first 2 tracks (which are top-notch in parts, especially when Portnoy shows his REAL things!), but the last sound as a 20-minutes long climax. Who would endure that? And that lyrical concept as usual...sweet Jesus, you know what I'm talking about. I can partly turn my ears off as I ain't English native speaker, but it still slips through...

Anyway, it is good 52-minutes long 2-tracked album. Forget about cheesy "Heaven..." and pompous "The Conclusion", there are better tunes. Recommended for New Symphonic Prog fans, but be sure you support Neal thoughts and ideas... ;)

Prog-jester | 3/5 |