Horslips - Short Stories - Tall Tales CD (album) cover

SHORT STORIES - TALL TALES

Horslips

Prog Folk

obiter
2 stars Yes well ... an album I bought on release.

This is a mediocre album by a band which had tried to move on from their roots. That in itself is not a bad thing. Witness Rush change thorugh time, sometimes with strange birting pains.

Problem is that it would appear that the change did not sit comfortably on the shoulders of the Horslips. I say "appear" becasue I have absolutely no idea: the band may have loved this album as they shed all semblance of folk and irishness. But whether they di or didn't love it, the album is seriously mediocre.

I could not in any sense describe it as prog and it's certainly not folk.

I put it aside for about 5 years before I listened to it again. Confirmed my thoughts and put it aside for another 5 years.

obiter | 2/5 |