Stomu Yamash'ta - Sea & Sky CD (album) cover

SEA & SKY

Stomu Yamash'ta

Slartibartfast
3 stars Sea & Sky was my first Yamashta to be added to my CD collection, I was already familiar with his Go albums and had all three starting with the double album, Go - Live from Paris.

From a progressive standpoint Sea & Sky is of most interest to keyboard and synthesizer fanatics. I've not been able to find any information on what particular synths they were playing on in 1983. I suspect it's no longer totally relevant, you just have to take the music offered here at face value. It's very laid back, subtle, and spacey. There's a lot of depth in the sounds, so you really have to sit back and listen to it in a quiet environment to fully absorb and appreciate it all.

Slartibartfast | 3/5 |