Areknamés - Love Hate Round Trip CD (album) cover

4 stars The Italian Areknames sounds like 1975 Van Der Graaf Generator, but somehow their sound is fresh and vital. The flexible songs are dominated by "Hammillish" vocals, hard rock guitars and mourning organs. Behind all the mighty mellotron creates beautiful textures. This is warm, living music without any traces of boredom. I`m sure these guys love their music. This album has been nominated as the best Italian prog album of the year 2006. I think it`s better than that. The whole album has a certain mysterious feel, reminding me also about the early 70`s Indian Summer.
coaxial | 4/5 |