The Flower Kings - Stardust We Are CD (album) cover

STARDUST WE ARE

The Flower Kings

the_3d_man
5 stars This is the Album that got me into Prog.

The Flower Kings are, to this day, one of the bands that I think of when I think Progressive Rock (among others). (Spock's Beard is another one of those bands)

This album is absolutely crazy as is most of the stuff that they do. This is not the kind of music that you can listen to while doing something else. This requires all of your attention. It's a sad fact that most people simply don't like to listen to music that requires them to think. Stardust We Are will leave you behind :). Also Roine Stolt is one of the best guitar players that ever existed.

From the very beginning you are thrown into the chaos of In The Eyes of the World. This track alone makes the record worth buying. This song is incredibly well orchestrated, yet absolutely insane. It is somewhat dark, but at times silly.

The moods change dramatically as the record progresses (not to mention the timing of the songs). I don't imagine that many drummers out there practice to Flower Kings songs. As expected, the guitar solos blow you away. At times the music dwindles to almost nothing, and then explodes into craziness again.

If you've never heard this Record, take a couple of hours to sit and listen to it. It's not for the faint of heart, and it will definitely move you. It's a good way to weed out the hard core prog enthusiasts from the ... not so hard core ones... (and epileptics)

the_3d_man | 5/5 |