Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh CD (album) cover

MËKANÏK DËSTRUKTÏẁ KÖMMANDÖH

Magma

Zeuhl

Gatot
3 stars I fully understand that most people praise this album and consider it as masterpiece or at least excellent rating. Look at the average rating at this site which is 4 plus. So, it must be "something" so peculiar about this album. Well, on musical terms this album can be considered as excellent album as the musicians who created this album must be geniuses! Performing music like this is not an easy task as it contains repetition of existing chords over and over without any chorus at all as in typical music making.

As I know my taste that in most cases I enjoy prog music is due to complexities, harmonies and (sometime) with good melody. I have never been exposed to the kind of Magma MKD. It seems difficult for me to digest. Here is what I feel: when the song finishes and where is music interlude or chorus? Everything is just repetition. The challenge is how to keep pace with the music. If I'm asked for a reason why I can digest the music offered by Magma, it's probably the harmonies of music created here even though in most cases lack melody line. Of course some people would enjoy this unique music by Magma.

Overall, I cannot push myself go into deep analysis of the music offered by magma but definitely I know that this is not a simple composition. I presumably believe that each song was created for a such a long time long before recording was taken place. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW