Dredg - Catch Without Arms CD (album) cover

CATCH WITHOUT ARMS

Dredg

Prog-jester
4 stars Unlike other reviewers I haven't noticed "the wrong direction" or something on that DREDG record. I like it more than "Leitmotif" due to its melodical side and I feel it's pretty equal to "El Cielo" - certainly not in songwriting question but ib qualitative one. I mean "El Cielo" is rather flat without obvious hits and earworms, while this one has both masterpieces ("Planting Seeds", title track, "Hung over on a Tuesday", "Ode to the Sun") and average or even tracks and one can easily notice the gap between them. If not - that's even better, tastes differ after all.

I liked what I've heard and I hope to hear more soon. Modern Prog is already one of my prime genres, and it still deliver me bands one can hardly compare with anything. Same goes to DREDG - imagine a mix between early MARS VOLTA (without soundwork) and late RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS (without funk)...but that's not as close as it sound really :) Recommended.

Prog-jester | 4/5 |