Troisième Rive - Banlieues CD (album) cover

Troisième Rive

Prog Folk

oracus
4 stars 4.5 Stars More than an excellent addition to any prog music collection

I don't know why Assaf think that this is not a must have album. I think that Banlieues is brillian melancholic album that will fulfil in maximum your prog folk expectations.

The first think that grab your attention is the wonderful deep and sad voice of Jean- Pierre Balland that reminds me Dominique Le Guennec from Mona Lisa. But Jean-Pierre Balland's voice is softer and even more melancholic. The second wonderful ingredient is the accordion playing that adds a marvelous folky sad feeling in the album. The music is excellent composed and performed and there are not weak points. I must mention the amazing acoustic guitar playing that accompanying the devine voice of Jean-Pierre Balland. The electric guitar playing some wonderfull gentle parts also. For the first time after along time my neck hair stood up after hearing the desperate growl in the end of the title track. Incedible. You have to listen this obscure gem.

oracus | 4/5 |