Änglagård - Epilog CD (album) cover

EPILOG

Änglagård

altaeria
3 stars I simply can not "get into" this album -- despite numerous listens ...and it makes me sad because I feel like I've been left out of a great party or something.

I'm a big fan of early 70's Symphonic Prog -- and after reading many rave reviews about ANGLAGARD, I was looking forward to getting one of their CDs. Finally, a couple months ago, I found a copy of EPILOG and was sooooo excited to check it out.

Although I enjoy the band's influences and can recognize their ablities, there is something that just doesn't work for me. Actually, I kinda feel like I'm listening to instrumental backing tracks to Wind & Wuthering-era Genesis outtakes...or something like that. Not that THAT is altogether bad-- It's just unfulfilling.

Maybe vocals on this album would've made the material more inviting. Maybe HYBRIS is a more engaging album and I just picked the wrong place to start. Maybe I've just been left out of another great party :(

4 stars on the Prog-ometer