Yes - Drama CD (album) cover

4 stars I don't know why this album gets slammed, ok the line "I am a Camera" is a bit silly (not in a good way), but to me I think Trevor Horn did a decent job and I quite like Geoff Downes on keys. If you listen to the bonus tracks that were penned by Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman, you'll relise they were on their way to making a real dud of an album, its no wonder the other guys had no enthusiasm for the material. This album has a harder edge especially compared to Tormato and the best tracks are Machine Messiah, Into the Lens and Tempu Fugit.If Tormato was the Jon Anderson-Wakeman album of Yes, then Drama is the Howe-Squire-White album; and quite frankly I prefer their vision of the band at this point. This album could have been a new beginning and direction for Yes, I would've been interested if they kept this line-up for a couple more albums. This is how prog shoul have sounded like in the 1980s!
Cheesecakemouse | 4/5 |