Gentle Giant - Octopus CD (album) cover

Gentle Giant

5 stars That is the album that started it all. Usually, you have to wait for the third or the forth album in order for a band to make a big break. Octopus truly cemented Gentle giant in prog rock fame. I discovered the band with this album because when i was interested in listenning to Gentle giant, my father told me that it was their best work.

Knots is the highlight of the album. That is one song that is just impossible to sing. The song was perfectly crafted and the voices that slowly graduate makes the song really special.

The advent of parnurge is a good opener, as it begins softly and grow harder. I think that river is a pretty funny song. The way it sounds is just like all the guys were dizzy the time they played.

It's definitely a must-have!

JR222 | 5/5 |