Rick Wakeman - The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur And The Knights Of The Round Table CD (album) cover

THE MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR AND THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Rick Wakeman

Slartibartfast
4 stars The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (does this get the award for longest progressive album title or what?) was one of the first progressive albums in my collection. It was part of a record club order that included Wakeman's Journey to the Center of the Earth. Like Journey, King Arthur had a great set of artwork including a full (LP) size lyric booklet. It was not only one of my first additions to my LP collection but the CD also became one of first additions to my CD collection.

I was originally drawn to this album more for its concept than it's progness (proggieness?). Truth be told, it has more of a commercial edge than what Yes was doing at the time, but it's still a shining example of symphonic prog at it's best. I don't give it a spin as much as I used to, but I find it holds up well after all these years.

Slartibartfast | 4/5 |