Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh CD (album) cover

MËKANÏK DËSTRUKTÏẁ KÖMMANDÖH

Magma

Zeuhl

Prog-jester
3 stars I ain’t an Avant stuff devotee. There are very few bands I can listen to, and even less I can enjoy. Strangely enough, MAGMA (and MDK specially) falls into the first category. I remember picking that album first in 2002 or 2003, when I wasn’t aware even of some Symphonic and Art greats, and I’ve been completely blown away by it. I failed to love it – I just burned it in on CD-R hoping to “get” it later. Well, now is the time it seems.

Hypnotic, monotonous, repetitive themes, built around one or two melodic lines, usually in “cracked” rhythm, supplied with choirs and sometimes insane female vocalism (the closest vocal I can think of is CRADLE OF FILTH’s one! :) ), quite jammy, groovy and jazzy stuff after all…Probably their darkest and most Zeuhlish album, MDK is a discovery that you should explore by yourself. Recommended even if you’re not in weird stuff like me – just try!

Prog-jester | 3/5 |