Spock's Beard - Snow CD (album) cover

SNOW

Spock's Beard

obiter
5 stars if anyone asks me ... are you a Spock's Beard fan ... nah not me

And yet, it would almost be churlish to pick at this magnificent album.

i do not like this safe american rock genre. i don't like british safe rock (ELO). so why does this album sell my prejudices a dummy? it doesn't have the seedy gravelly feel of Marillion's Clutching at Straws or Tux On, but this album demands that you listen.

Whether you like it or not Snow grabs you and takes you along for the ride. It's a rock opera which I find hard to listen to without imagining a huge stage show/rock film.

I've listened to this album countless dozens of times. Sometimes, it's been on the ipod in the car ... press the wrong button, on it comes, I'm not in the mood but blow me if i always end up listening to the whole thing even if it demands pulling over at a cafe and taking an extra 10 minutes out.

it's not just a 5 star ... this is a desert island disc.

But if anyone asks me ... are you a Spock's Beard fan ... nah not me

denial is an odd thing??

obiter | 5/5 |