Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Photos Of Ghosts CD (album) cover

PHOTOS OF GHOSTS

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Slartibartfast
5 stars PFM's first collaboration with Peter Sinfield. I think the English lyrics from Sinfield really helped bring PFM to a broader audience. I don't think I'd have ended up becoming a fan if that didn't happen. Sure there is some English language prejudice on my part, but it is the only language I speak fluently.

Unlike L'sola di niente for The World Became The World, there isn't an Italian language counterpart, and from a progressive perspective, I find it a little more enjoyable than TWBTW, but it's really still too close to call. The music here is complex and beautiful, but has a hard edge at times as well. Two of the songs here I became familiar with first from the Cook/Live In The USA album. There's not a "weak" track on here.

Slartibartfast | 5/5 |